London 2012 Updates

Friday 24 August 2012

Usain Bolt is looking to compete in Rio 2016 and might look to add some new events

Usain Bolt is planning on competing at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, but he may be adding events to his program.

After winning gold in the 100, 200 and 4x100 relay at the London Olympics (just as he did in Beijing), given the self titled "greatest living athlete" an Olympic gold medal haul of 6, Bolt spoke in Switzerland on Wednesday about his ambitions for Rio.
“Yes, definitely I will be there, as long as I’m fit and I’m ready,” said Bolt. “It’ll be a little bit harder but I’m looking forward to it.”

Having just turned 26, Bolt will turn 30 during the year of the Rio Games.

Immediately after completing his historic second treble, (making him the only ever sprint athlete to do this) Bolt sounded unsure if he'd give it a go in Rio.
"The possibility is there, but it's going to be very hard. ... I've done all I want to do,"said Bolt after waving his last goodbye to the adoring crowds in London. "I've got no more goals."

Apparently, it didn't take Bolt long to find new goals and also potentially now some new events.
"It's just about making different goals, there's a lot of things I can do in the sport," Bolt told reporters in Switzerland this week.

"My coach wants me to do 400 meters and I want to try long jump."

No comments:

Post a Comment